Can my ex landlord do this?

By danielle

I just recently moved out of my apartment and into a new one. When I moved into the first one I signed a one years lease and gave him a security deposit. Now my landlord is saying that I have exceeded the damages that my security deposit will cover (this is not true). I am wondering if he can make me pay what he thinks I owe him when he kept my security deposit and my lease has been expired for two years. Please let me know. Thank you.

Edited on: Monday, June 20th, 2011 7:48 am

No Responses to “Can my ex landlord do this?”

My response: (We welcome stories, examples, explanations, answers and a touch of your personality)


Yes, the RPA® Can Help You!

Filing an official complaint is the nation's fastest way to solve tenant problems.

Not Ready? Learn more...

Complaint Filling Deadline  Tips/Suggestion

Need Help Filing Your Complaint?

Agents Available Mon- Fri 10am to 10pm

Recently Resolved Complaints:

See how the Nation's Rental Authority has helped thousands of tenants already!

Ask Question:

Post a new question to the RPA Tenants rights forum.

You Have Tenant Rights.
Recently Posted Questions:

Over 4,000 questions have been asked by tenants including these new posts:

Tenant Rights Categories

Popular categories about renters rights.