Can my lardlord do this?

By Vickie

I live in Wisconsin and I am renting a lower unit in a 2 family home. My oven had stopped working, the control panel had burnt out. I was in no was responsible for the oven panel burning out. It is my understanding from talking to the service repair man that the oven was repaired under a warrenty and was completely covered under that warrenty. Now that my lease is up and I have decided to move my landlord wants to charge me for the repairs of the oven. Can he charge me for the repairs when they were covered under a warrenty and fixed under that warrenty????

Edited on: Tuesday, September 3rd, 2013 8:59 pm

One Response to “Can my lardlord do this?”

My response: (We welcome stories, examples, explanations, answers and a touch of your personality)


June 6th, 2011 3:01 pm

Hi Vickie. As what you have written on the blog that the oven was fixed under its warranty right? Then your landlord cannot charge you for it. The things that he can charge you are those that were damaged that were working well during the move in inspection. Make sure to have the move in sheet with you.


Yes, the RPA® Can Help You!

Filing an official complaint is the nation's fastest way to solve tenant problems.

Not Ready? Learn more...

Virginia Complaint Filling Deadline  Tips/Suggestion

Need Help Filing Your Complaint?

Agents Available Mon- Fri 10am to 10pm

Recently Resolved Complaints:

See how the Nation's Rental Authority has helped thousands of tenants already!

Ask Question:

Post a new question to the RPA Tenants rights forum.

You Have Tenant Rights.
Recently Posted Questions:

Over 4,000 questions have been asked by tenants including these new posts:

Tenant Rights Categories

Popular categories about renters rights.