landlords son


I am renting a house in Albuquerque New Mexico and asked the landlord a month ago to hook up the A/C. It never got hooked up and I had a party for my daughter last weekend and needed it so I did it myself. Now the landlords son is leaving rude as can be messages on my wifes phone saying we messed everything up. I checked it all when I hooked it up and everything was fine. I am also certified for working on heating and A/C and know what I am doing. The son of the landlord disconnected the A/C and continues to be rude and unproffesional about it, so I returned the attitude. I am not under contract with the landlord anymore. The 6 month lease ended 2 months ago. Do I need to give a notice on me leaving? And is there legal action I can take against them?

Edited on: Friday, May 13th, 2011 12:48 am

One Response to “landlords son”

My response: (We welcome stories, examples, explanations, answers and a touch of your personality)


May 13th, 2011 11:52 am

Quick question, why are you still there if you don’t have a contract anymore? Apparently, the contract expired if that’s the case doing modifications in that premise would mean that a landlord has the right to be angry about. I suggest you rather talk to the landlord himself not the son. It’s better and effective that way.


Yes, the RPA® Can Help You!

Filing an official complaint is the nation's fastest way to solve tenant problems.

Not Ready? Learn more...

Virginia Complaint Filling Deadline  Tips/Suggestion

Need Help Filing Your Complaint?

Agents Available Mon- Fri 10am to 10pm

Recently Resolved Complaints:

See how the Nation's Rental Authority has helped thousands of tenants already!

Ask Question:

Post a new question to the RPA Tenants rights forum.

You Have Tenant Rights.
Recently Posted Questions:

Over 4,000 questions have been asked by tenants including these new posts:

Tenant Rights Categories

Popular categories about renters rights.