Paying for City of Los Angeles

By Assal

To whom it may concern:

Dear Madam, Sir

I received a letter form my landlord asking me to pay $ 44.87 . The letter indicated the city of Los Angeles authorizes the landlord to be reimbursed by us tenant 100% of annual fee #35,52 SCEP collected by city per rental unit, and in addition , also the annual city rent Stabilization Ordinance of $ 9.35 for each unit.
I do not understand why do I have to pay this ? Please help me to understand.
Thank you.

Edited on: Monday, September 19th, 2011 10:07 am

One Response to “Paying for City of Los Angeles”

My response: (We welcome stories, examples, explanations, answers and a touch of your personality)


May 30th, 2011 1:39 pm

You may call the Los Angeles Housing Department (LAHD). They are responsible for administering the city’s Rent Stabilization Ordinance (RSO). They provides information to rental property owners, tenants regarding the full scope of RSO and it’s respective mandated rights, requirements and habitability program. I’m sure they can answer all your question regarding your concerns.


Yes, the RPA® Can Help You!

Filing an official complaint is the nation's fastest way to solve tenant problems.

Not Ready? Learn more...

Virginia Complaint Filling Deadline  Tips/Suggestion

Need Help Filing Your Complaint?

Agents Available Mon- Fri 10am to 10pm

Recently Resolved Complaints:

See how the Nation's Rental Authority has helped thousands of tenants already!

Ask Question:

Post a new question to the RPA Tenants rights forum.

You Have Tenant Rights.
Recently Posted Questions:

Over 4,000 questions have been asked by tenants including these new posts:

Tenant Rights Categories

Popular categories about renters rights.