property damage


I damaged a linoleum floor when moving a piece of furniture. The suare foot area of the floor is aprroximately 100 square feet. The landlord said his homeowner’s insurance does not cover this and handed me an estimate of $1,600 for a new floor. My questions are – 1. Shouldn’t this be covered under the homeowner’s policy and if it is, is he required to go through his homeowner’s insurance on this? If it is not covered under insurance – 2. Is this a fair estimate for the replacement of the floor?

Edited on: Saturday, September 27th, 2008 6:11 pm

2 Responses to “property damage”

My response: (We welcome stories, examples, explanations, answers and a touch of your personality)


Yes, the RPA® Can Help You!

Filing an official complaint is the nation's fastest way to solve tenant problems.

Not Ready? Learn more...

New Jersey Complaint Filling Deadline  Tips/Suggestion

Need Help Filing Your Complaint?

Agents Available Mon- Fri 10am to 10pm

Recently Resolved Complaints:

See how the Nation's Rental Authority has helped thousands of tenants already!

Ask Question:

Post a new question to the RPA Tenants rights forum.

You Have Tenant Rights.
Recently Posted Questions:

Over 4,000 questions have been asked by tenants including these new posts:

Tenant Rights Categories

Popular categories about renters rights.