Apartment Flooded Again!

By Tired of water

I am currently in an apartment that has flooded for a second time in 2 years.  The manager will move me to another apartment like the one I am in but will charge me $50 more a month.  This is the same floor plan and all.  I have had it with the apt complex and want out of my lease with out any fees.  Can I do this?

Edited on: Saturday, March 9th, 2013 4:54 pm

One Response to “Apartment Flooded Again!”

My response: (We welcome stories, examples, explanations, answers and a touch of your personality)


January 30th, 2010 3:56 am

I would think what you are asking is fair. I’m assuming that since you have taken the effort to post your question here that management is not being very cooperative with your request. As I mentioned to someone earlier today– go and file a complaint. The RPA can negotiate fair lease termination for you, but you will have to file a complaint.

Good Luck!


Yes, the RPA® Can Help You!

Filing an official complaint is the nation's fastest way to solve tenant problems.

Not Ready? Learn more...

Complaint Filling Deadline  Tips/Suggestion

Need Help Filing Your Complaint?

Agents Available Mon- Fri 10am to 10pm

Recently Resolved Complaints:

See how the Nation's Rental Authority has helped thousands of tenants already!

Ask Question:

Post a new question to the RPA Tenants rights forum.

You Have Tenant Rights.
Recently Posted Questions:

Over 4,000 questions have been asked by tenants including these new posts:

Tenant Rights Categories

Popular categories about renters rights.