By Milena

We were charged a deposit and extra rent per month for 5 months due to an error on my husbands credit report. At the time we moved in, there was a special of "No deposit".  I provided the manager a police report, copy of old and updated credit report and proof that the false item on the report was irrelevant.  The manager said that she would just need to clear it with her manager and that shed refund our money.  For 4 months she kept saying Oh im still waiting for an answer.  I finally called and asked.. she said oh i cant refund that for you, sorry.  I have called a company that claims they are the corporate off… ive complained twice to them and received nothing. Who can i contact to make them refund our money???!

Edited on: Thursday, March 8th, 2012 7:28 pm


My response: (We welcome stories, examples, explanations, answers and a touch of your personality)


March 9th, 2012 2:53 am

If you want to file a complaint against your apartment complex you can use this link:


Yes, the RPA® Can Help You!

Filing an official complaint is the nation's fastest way to solve tenant problems.

Not Ready? Learn more...

Virginia Complaint Filling Deadline  Tips/Suggestion

Need Help Filing Your Complaint?

Agents Available Mon- Fri 10am to 10pm

Recently Resolved Complaints:

See how the Nation's Rental Authority has helped thousands of tenants already!

Ask Question:

Post a new question to the RPA Tenants rights forum.

You Have Tenant Rights.
Recently Posted Questions:

Over 4,000 questions have been asked by tenants including these new posts:

Tenant Rights Categories

Popular categories about renters rights.

Tag Cloud