roommates boyfriend staying over without consent

By avery

Hi.  What rights do I have if my roommate has a boyfriend move in without my consent?  His name is not on the lease as mine is along with hers.  Besides reporting the additional, non rent-paying boyfriend whose name is not on the lease (oh, and he had a key copied so he can come and go as he pleases without the rental manager knowing), is there anyway I can get out of the lease and situation?  If I report him and cannot get out of the situation, my life becomes a living nightmare.  thank you.

Edited on: Saturday, January 14th, 2012 8:59 am

No Responses to “roommates boyfriend staying over without consent”

My response: (We welcome stories, examples, explanations, answers and a touch of your personality)


Yes, the RPA® Can Help You!

Filing an official complaint is the nation's fastest way to solve tenant problems.

Not Ready? Learn more...

Virginia Complaint Filling Deadline  Tips/Suggestion

Need Help Filing Your Complaint?

Agents Available Mon- Fri 10am to 10pm

Recently Resolved Complaints:

See how the Nation's Rental Authority has helped thousands of tenants already!

Ask Question:

Post a new question to the RPA Tenants rights forum.

You Have Tenant Rights.
Recently Posted Questions:

Over 4,000 questions have been asked by tenants including these new posts:

Tenant Rights Categories

Popular categories about renters rights.