Broken central air and heart issue children

By Veronica

I live in Florida and rented a tailer with central air. The landlord has been harrassing me every month since I moved in that my ent is late when it’s not andI have the bank reciepts proving the rent has gone in every month. Now he is claiming I am late on rent again and the cental air unit has gone on the fitz. He told me he will not fix it unless we pay him the money he claims we owe him. I have 2 toddlers who keep getting over heated who both have heart problems. Is it legal for him to refuse to fix the air and is there some law that protects children with heart issues like my kids in Florida? I am desperate. What can I do?

Edited on: Saturday, March 30th, 2013 9:19 pm

One Response to “Broken central air and heart issue children”

My response: (We welcome stories, examples, explanations, answers and a touch of your personality)


May 25th, 2011 11:40 am

Your receipts is your proof! It is your landlord’s liability to fix the trailer or talk to him to have the problem repaired and deduct the cost of the repairs from your rent. Have the repair receipts copied as your evidence. About your children’s heart problems you can show the trailer to the health inspector and let the legal system deal with him.


Yes, the RPA® Can Help You!

Filing an official complaint is the nation's fastest way to solve tenant problems.

Not Ready? Learn more...

Virginia Complaint Filling Deadline  Tips/Suggestion

Need Help Filing Your Complaint?

Agents Available Mon- Fri 10am to 10pm

Recently Resolved Complaints:

See how the Nation's Rental Authority has helped thousands of tenants already!

Ask Question:

Post a new question to the RPA Tenants rights forum.

You Have Tenant Rights.
Recently Posted Questions:

Over 4,000 questions have been asked by tenants including these new posts:

Tenant Rights Categories

Popular categories about renters rights.