property damage charges

By Sam

During the summer a big glass tempered entry door for my apartment building was cracked. My six year old daughter was leaning against the door when it happened. Today I recieved a letter in the mail from my landlord saying i owed a cetain amount of money towards the replacement glass which is due by sept. 1st (two days from now). My question is can they legally charge me for this door when my landlord even stated himself that she shouldn’t have been able to break it and can they simply send me an amount to pay in a letter?

Edited on: Saturday, August 30th, 2014 1:45 pm

No Responses to “property damage charges”

My response: (We welcome stories, examples, explanations, answers and a touch of your personality)


Yes, the RPA® Can Help You!

Filing an official complaint is the nation's fastest way to solve tenant problems.

Not Ready? Learn more...

Virginia Complaint Filling Deadline  Tips/Suggestion

Need Help Filing Your Complaint?

Agents Available Mon- Fri 10am to 10pm

Recently Resolved Complaints:

See how the Nation's Rental Authority has helped thousands of tenants already!

Ask Question:

Post a new question to the RPA Tenants rights forum.

You Have Tenant Rights.
Recently Posted Questions:

Over 4,000 questions have been asked by tenants including these new posts:

Tenant Rights Categories

Popular categories about renters rights.