friend needs help- can landlord do anything

By ldm

A friend of mine who lives in union county, nj has not resigned the lease to their apartment since 2009 due to the initial landlord passing away. However they have been staying there up until the beginning of 2012. Their broiler broke in October 2011 and there was mold throughout the house and the current landlord refused to do anything.  They at first stopped paying rent then moved out without letting the landlord know. They do not know if they can be sued or if they are still being charged rent currently. They have not contacted the current landlord. If there are any suggestions you can make or what action they should take, please let me know.

Edited on: Sunday, December 22nd, 2013 8:54 am

No Responses to “friend needs help- can landlord do anything”

My response: (We welcome stories, examples, explanations, answers and a touch of your personality)


Yes, the RPA® Can Help You!

Filing an official complaint is the nation's fastest way to solve tenant problems.

Not Ready? Learn more...

Virginia Complaint Filling Deadline  Tips/Suggestion

Need Help Filing Your Complaint?

Agents Available Mon- Fri 10am to 10pm

Recently Resolved Complaints:

See how the Nation's Rental Authority has helped thousands of tenants already!

Ask Question:

Post a new question to the RPA Tenants rights forum.

You Have Tenant Rights.
Recently Posted Questions:

Over 4,000 questions have been asked by tenants including these new posts:

Tenant Rights Categories

Popular categories about renters rights.